Gary Caporicci has more than 40 years of diversified business experience, including a specialization in audit and management consulting for government organizations. Mr. Caporicci’s clients include public and private universities and colleges, city and county governments, state agencies, joint power authorities, healthcare agencies, transportation agencies and special districts. Known for his expertise in the areas of construction and government, Mr. Caporicci wrote the AICPA audit guides on these topics, and authored many audit and accounting courses for professional groups, as well as academic institutions. He frequently speaks and lectures at many professional organizations, governmental seminars, and conferences including industry associations, other accounting firms and universities. In addition, the authors white papers for the California Committee on Municipal Accounting.
Prior to working with the Firm, Mr. Caporicci founded his own accounting practice. He also spent 11 years with a “Big Eight” professional services firm where he was an Audit Manager and gained broad experience in a wide range of industries such as government, construction, manufacturing, mutual funds and insurance. Mr. Caporicci’s earlier experience includes a consultant position with a “Big Four” practice and Vice President of a national insurance and financial services company.
Professional and Civic Involvement
- Appointed Member of the California State Controller’s Retirement Advisory Committee
- Member, Author, Instructor – AICPA
- Chair, Author, Instructor – CalCPA Government Accounting and Auditing Committe
- Member, CalCPA Counci
- Chair, California Committee on Municipal Accounting (CCMA)
- Task Force Member, Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB)
- National Reviewer & Speaker, Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA
- Author and Instructor, New Pension Standards, GASB Nos. 67, 68 and 71
- Public Member, Vice Chair, County of Orange, Audit Oversight Committee
BS Degree in Business Administration, emphasis in Accounting from The University of California, Riverside
Licensed by the State of California.