Kenneth H. Pun is the Managing Partner and an Assurance Partner at The Pun Group, LLP, which he founded in 2012 after serving in senior-level positions for well-established national and regional firms. Under his leadership, The Pun Group has become one of the fastest growing in the region, currently ranking among the top 40, according to the Orange County Business Journal.
Prior to founding The Pun Group, Ken has served clients in a variety of industries, including small to very large state and local governmental agencies, insurance companies, not-for-profits, healthcare, technology and manufacturing and distribution clients. His career in public accounting was spent primarily with the Regional firms and National firms.
Leveraging more than 18 years of public accounting experience, Ken has earned a reputation of being a trusted advisor to governmental and Healthcare organizations throughout California and neighboring states. Municipalities and public agencies engage him because of his premier level of client service, commitment, and innovative methods of increasing operational efficiencies and reducing costs.
Ken maintains his deep commitment to professional education through his work as an instructor for CalCPA’s Education Foundation. There, he teaches courses related to audits and quality control in local and state government. He also advises clients on those topics at influential industry forums. Internally, Ken mentors audit teams by providing direction and technical guidance to ensure adherence to the firm’s quality controls.
Professional and Civic Involvement
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Incoming Chair and Member, CalCPA Government Accounting and Auditing Committee
- Member, CalCPA Government Accounting and Auditing Conference Planning Committee
- Member, Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
- Member, California Society of Municipal Finance Officers (CSMFO)
- Speaker, CSMFO Conference (2014 and 2018)
- Instructor, CalCPA Education Foundation
BS Degree in Business Administration, emphasis in Accounting from The University of California, Riverside
Licensed by the State of California.