Vanessa holds her CPA license in California and more recently achieved her certification as one of 650 Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO) in the United States through the GFOA. The CPFO certification prepares individuals for financial leadership positions in local and state government and is designed to verify their knowledge in the disciplines of government finance including Governmental Accounting, Auditing and Financial Reporting, Treasury and Investment Management, Debt Management, Operating and Capital Budgeting, and Retirement & Benefits, Risk Management and Procurement.
Vanessa is a frequently sought-after speaker and has presented on a variety of technical and non-technical topics for the CalCPA, Women in Public Finance, American Society of Women Accountants, California State University San Francisco, Santa Clara University, California State Municipal Finance Officers, the League of California Cities, and Beta Alpha Psi.
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Member, Association of Governmental Accountants (AGA)
- Member, Women in Public Finance (WPF)
- Co-Chair, CalCPA Education Foundation Annual Government Conference
- Member, CalCPA Governmental Accounting and Auditing Committee
Licensed by the State of California.